Paul R. Hensel
Professor of Political Science
University of North Texas
Phone: (940) 369-7330
Fax: (940) 565-4818
Spring 2013 Teaching:
- PSCI 4821/1: "International Conflict" (MWF 11-11:50, 115 WH)
- PSCI 5820/1: "International Conflict" graduate seminar (M 2-4:50, 130 WH)
- Office Hours: M 10-11 AM, WF 1-2 PM
- I will not be teaching any summer classes. I will be out of town for much of the summer, so the best way to get in touch with me is via email.
Fall 2013 Teaching:
- PSCI 1040: "American Government: Laws and Institutions" (MWF 9:00-9:50, A117 Life Sciences)
- PSCI 4821: "International Conflict" (MWF 10:00-10:50, 245 Business Leadership Bldg)
Spring 2014 Teaching (tentative):
- PSCI 3810: "Introduction to International Relations" (days/times TBA)
- PSCI 4820: "Geography, History, and International Relations" (days/times TBA)
My Research and Teaching
- Curriculum Vitae
- Issue Correlates of War (ICOW) Project
- Undergraduate courses:
- Graduate courses:
- Grading Policies and Expectations
- Writing Tips
Political Science and Reference Pages
- Political Science
- Government and Politics: United States and other countries
- International Conflict
- International Law
- International Organizations
- International Political Economy
- International Security
- Political Methodology
- Specific research topics:
- International Relations Data
- Online News Sources (news wires/headlines, other newspaper compilations)
- General Reference (dictionaries, encyclopedias, book searches, travel, etc.)
Teaching: I updated my future teaching schedule and Spring 2013 office hours.
My Research: updated my online CV for the first time in a while. Among other things, I added links to the 2013 Hensel/Fattore/Allison ISA paper on trade after territorial claims, the 2012 Brochmann/Hensel/Tir ISA paper on treaties and the management of international rivers, my 2011 ISA/EPSA paper on territorial claims and conflict between neighbors, and the various data sets that I have created and released publicly.
My Data: The ICOW general, territorial claims, and river claims coding manuals were all updated (February 2013). The main ICOW page was updated to present a tentative schedule for releasing future ICOW data updates (February 2013).
Other: Printer-friendly stylesheet added to each page in site (April 2013).